Can we perform Fajr (dawn prayer) as soon as imsak time starts?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 17:27
Dear Brother / Sister,
Fajr time starts by the time imsak starts and it ends with sunrise. According to Hanafi madhhab (school of law), it is better to pray it towards sunrise. According to Shafii madhhab (school of law), it is better to pray it soon after dawn.
If the sun rises during the prayer, it becomes invalid. According to Hanafi madhhab, it has to be performed after karahah time.
If a person who has not performed Fajr on time performs it after sunrise and before Zuhr (the noon prayer), he needs to perform both its sunnah and fardh.
Questions on Islam
- Can the noon prayer be performed five minutes before the time period for the afternoon prayer starts?
- Is there a way to perform a prayer when the time period for it starts?
- Is it possible for prophets not to be innocent before their duty of prophethood? Does the attribute of ismah (innocence) start after the duty of prophethood starts?
- When does the time for fajr (morning) prayer end?
- Is it permissible to perform fard (obligatory) prayers during Karahah times?
- What is imsak time? Can the morning (fajr) prayer be performed immediately after imsak?
- Up to when can the morning (fajr) prayer be performed? What should be done when it is cloudy? Should we act in accordance with the calendars?
- Is it permissible to give fidyah for fasting before the month of Ramadan starts?
- When does the time for fasting start, with imsak or adhan? Is it permissible to eat until adhan ends?
- What are the mustahab times for performing five daily prayers? For instance, the morning prayer (fajr) can be performed up to the time of sunrise. What about the other prayers?