What is imsak time? Can the morning (fajr) prayer be performed immediately after imsak?
In calendars, we see "imsak time". What is imsak time?
Submitted by on Fri, 30/12/2016 - 16:28
Dear Brother / Sister,
"Imsak time" written in calendars shows the time of stopping eating and drinking for those who want to fast; it shows the time to start fasting; it also shows the start of the time period for the morning (fajr) prayer. After this time period starts, the morning prayer can be performed.
Accordingly, the time for the morning prayer starts with imsak time and ends with sunrise. According to Hanafis, it is more virtuous to delay performing it to the time when it starts to dawn slightly but According to Shafiis, it is more virtuous to perform it early, when it is still dark.
If the sun rises while a person is performing the morning prayer and before he finishes the prayer, his prayer is invalidated according to Hanafis. It is necessary to perform it again after the time of karahah ends.
Questions on Islam
- What is the way, decree and time for the intention (niyyah) of fasting? Is it permissible to make intention after imsak? Does the time of niyyah change according to fard or nafilah fasting?
- Up to when can the morning (fajr) prayer be performed? What should be done when it is cloudy? Should we act in accordance with the calendars?
- When does the time for fajr (morning) prayer end?
- Is it permissible to continue eating and drinking while adhan is called at suhoor and until adhan ends?
- When does the time period for the morning prayer (fajr) start and when does it end? Why is the adhan for the morning prayer called an hour after imsak time?
- What are the mustahab times for performing five daily prayers? For instance, the morning prayer (fajr) can be performed up to the time of sunrise. What about the other prayers?
- Can the prayer of fajr be performed after the time of imsak (abstinence)? Is it necessary to wait for the adhan?
- When does the time for fasting start, with imsak or adhan? Is it permissible to eat until adhan ends?
- When does Suhur end?
- If the next adhan is called while performing a prayer, will that prayer be valid?