Is it permissible to enter the bathroom or toilet with a necklace or ring written "Allah" on it?
Submitted by on Wed, 27/01/2010 - 09:17
Dear Brother / Sister,
One who enters the toilet wearing a ring with the name of Allah or Prophet on its bezel must cover it. If the ring is on the left hand, he must remove it while cleaning the dirt. (Ibn Abidin, V, 317).
Accordingly, if the name of Allah is written on one’s necklace, he/she can enter the toilet by covering or reversing it.
Women can wear such necklaces and jawshan (A prayer of the Prophet (PBUH)) during menstruation. Besides, it can be worn during the intercourse. However they must be covered if they are open.
Questions on Islam
- When does the time of morning prayer start and end? If I miss the morning prayer, when should I perform it?
- Is it true to insult a non-muslim?
- What is Taharah (Cleanliness)?
- Is it permissible to wear a necklace that has written "Allah" or some Qur'anic "Aayahs (verses) on it"?
- Will you give information about being covered in the bathroom, having a bath naked and manners of having a bath?
- Is it permissible for men to pluck or to shave the hairs on their body parts?
- Is it permissible to perform ghusl while being naked? Is it permissible to urinate in the place where we bath?..
- What is the decree for men to wear ear rings, necklaces, bracelets etc made of silver or other kinds of material except for gold?
- Can you give detailed information about pictures and photographs?