What will happen if I perform sajdah as-sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) at the end of every prayer though I perform them correctly?
Submitted by on Tue, 20/08/2019 - 10:52
Dear Brother / Sister,
First of all, such an attitude is not correct. We should keep away from such attitudes that will lead to waswasa (delusions). Allah does not want us to worship with suspicion. It is necessary to avoid waswasa in order to gain the consent of Allah.
However, if you performed sajdah as-sahw though you did not make a mistake during the prayer up to now, this will not invalidate your prayers. However, there is no necessity for it; it is not appropriate.
Questions on Islam
- Does forgetting to recite Qunut supplications in the witr prayer necessitate sajdah as-sahw?
- Does sajda as-sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) become necessary if we change the places of the invocations that we recite in ruku and sajdah?
- When is Sajdah as-Sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) required? Where is it be performed?
- In the salah, if we forget an ayah while reading a short additional chapter like Surah al-Ikhlas, must we perform sajdah as-sahw?
- What are the situations that necessitate sajdah as-sahw? Is it necessary to perform sajdah as-sahw in sunnah prayers?
- Sajdah as-Sahw
- Is sajdah as-sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) necessary if someone reads surah of al-Fatiha instead of at-Tahiyyat by mistake in the first or last sitting of prayer?
- What should a person who forgets to read zamm-i surah (additional chapter or verses) after reciting al-Fatiha but goes to ruku and remembers it there do?
- What should a person do if he sits down in the third rak’ah of a four rak’ah prayer by mistake?
- Does uttering basmala before the dua of at-Tahiyyatu invalidate the prayer or does this necessitate sajdah as-sahw (prostration of forgetfulness)?