What should I do if I am late for the congregational prayer and the imam performs sajdah as-sahw?
- What should a masbuq (a person who catches up with prayer later) do when the imam performs sajdah as-sahw?
Submitted by on Thu, 04/08/2022 - 15:50
Dear Brother / Sister,
The person who starts to follow the imam afterwards waits for the imam, performs sajdah as-sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) with him; then, he stands up and completes the rak’ahs that he has missed.
If he stands up without following the imam though the imam performs sajdah as-sahw, he performs sajdah as sahw at the end of the prayer.
If the person who forgets the salutation has not done anything that invalidates prayer, he salutes when he remembers it.
Questions on Islam
- If a person who has started to follow the imam later gets up and continues the prayer after the imam salutes to the right and performs sajdah as-sahw, what should he (masbuq) do?
- What are the situations that necessitate sajdah as-sahw? Is it necessary to perform sajdah as-sahw in sunnah prayers?
- Sajdah as-Sahw
- When someone joins a congregational prayer in progress, what should he/she do and recite?
- Does forgetting to recite Qunut supplications in the witr prayer necessitate sajdah as-sahw?
- What are the necessary qualities for an Imam to have in order to lead a congregational prayer?
- What should a person do if he sits down in the third rak’ah of a four rak’ah prayer by mistake?
- Prayers in Congregation
- What should a person who joins the imam in a congregational prayer after the first rak'ah and who gives salam (salutes) with the imam at the end of the prayer by mistake do?
- What should a person who does not sit after the third rak'ah of the evening prayer and stands up for the fourth rak'ah do?