What should I do if I am late for the congregational prayer and the imam performs sajdah as-sahw?
- What should a masbuq (a person who catches up with prayer later) do when the imam performs sajdah as-sahw?
Submitted by on Thu, 04/08/2022 - 15:50
Dear Brother / Sister,
The person who starts to follow the imam afterwards waits for the imam, performs sajdah as-sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) with him; then, he stands up and completes the rak’ahs that he has missed.
If he stands up without following the imam though the imam performs sajdah as-sahw, he performs sajdah as sahw at the end of the prayer.
If the person who forgets the salutation has not done anything that invalidates prayer, he salutes when he remembers it.
Questions on Islam
- If a person who has started to follow the imam later gets up and continues the prayer after the imam salutes to the right and performs sajdah as-sahw, what should he (masbuq) do?
- Does forgetting to recite Qunut supplications in the witr prayer necessitate sajdah as-sahw?
- What are the situations that necessitate sajdah as-sahw? Is it necessary to perform sajdah as-sahw in sunnah prayers?
- Sajdah as-Sahw
- In the salah, if we forget an ayah while reading a short additional chapter like Surah al-Ikhlas, must we perform sajdah as-sahw?
- How should a person who forgets what rak'ah he is performing in witr prayer or any other prayer complete his prayer?
- What should a person do if he sits down in the third rak’ah of a four rak’ah prayer by mistake?
- Does sajda as-sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) become necessary if we change the places of the invocations that we recite in ruku and sajdah?
- Is sajdah as-sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) necessary if someone reads surah of al-Fatiha instead of at-Tahiyyat by mistake in the first or last sitting of prayer?
- When is Sajdah as-Sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) required? Where is it be performed?