Does forgetting to recite Qunut supplications in the witr prayer necessitate sajdah as-sahw?
The Details of the QuestionDoes forgetting to recite Qunut supplications in the witr prayer necessitate sajdah as-sahw?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 18:50
Dear Brother / Sister,
While performing the witr prayer, forgetting to utter takbir (Allah-u Akbar) in the third rakat and reciting Qunut supplications necessitate sajdah as-sahw. (prostration of forgetfulness)
If a person remembers this in ruku (bowing), he straightens up but does not recite Qunut supplications. He only performs sajdah as-sahw at the end of the prayer.
Questions on Islam
Questions on Islam
Read 8.578 times
- What are the situations that necessitate sajdah as-sahw? Is it necessary to perform sajdah as-sahw in sunnah prayers?
- Sajdah as-Sahw
- If I forget to recite an additional surah (chapter), will my prayer be valid?
- What should I do if I am late for the congregational prayer and the imam performs sajdah as-sahw?
- Is sajdah as-sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) necessary if someone reads surah of al-Fatiha instead of at-Tahiyyat by mistake in the first or last sitting of prayer?
- What should a person do if he sits down in the third rak’ah of a four rak’ah prayer by mistake?
- What is the decree of Qunut supplications and how is the situation of those who do not know Qunut supplications and what supplications should be read instead of Qunut by people who do not know them?
- Does uttering basmala before the dua of at-Tahiyyatu invalidate the prayer or does this necessitate sajdah as-sahw (prostration of forgetfulness)?
- How should a person who forgets what rak'ah he is performing in witr prayer or any other prayer complete his prayer?
- When is Sajdah as-Sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) required? Where is it be performed?
THE MOST ASKED QUESTIONS