What should a person who forgets to read zamm-i surah (additional chapter or verses) after reciting al-Fatiha but goes to ruku and remembers it there do?
The Details of the QuestionWhat should a person who forgets to read zamm-i surah (additional chapter or verses) after reciting al-Fatiha but goes to ruku and remembers it there do?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 11:06
Dear Brother / Sister,
If a person remembers in ruku (bowing down) that he/she has forgotten to recite zamm-i surah (additional chapter or verses) after reciting al-Fatiha, he/she arises and reads the surah and performs the ruku again. He/she also performs sajdah as-sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) at the end of the prayer.
Questions on Islam
Questions on Islam
Read 6.094 times
- When is Sajdah as-Sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) required? Where is it be performed?
- What is the wisdom behind reciting only al-Fatiha in the 3rd and 4th rak'ahs of fard (obligatory) prayers but not reciting zamm-i surah (additional chapter or verses)?
- What should a person who reads other verses before the chapter of al-Fatiha in prayer do?
- Is sajdah as-sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) necessary if someone reads surah of al-Fatiha instead of at-Tahiyyat by mistake in the first or last sitting of prayer?
- Evening Salah
- What are the situations that necessitate sajdah as-sahw? Is it necessary to perform sajdah as-sahw in sunnah prayers?
- Which verses and surahs should be recited in a prayer? Which surahs did the Prophet recite in prayers?
- What is the amount of qiraah that is fard in prayer? Is it permissible to stop anywhere while reading a long chapter from the Quran in prayer?
- Sajdah as-Sahw
- In the salah, if we forget an ayah while reading a short additional chapter like Surah al-Ikhlas, must we perform sajdah as-sahw?
THE MOST ASKED QUESTIONS