Is an additional chapter or verses recited after surah of al-Fatiha in the third and fourth rak’ahs of fard prayers?
Submitted by on Wed, 21/08/2019 - 11:39
Dear Brother / Sister,
According to the Hanafis, a person who follows the imam does not recite anything except Subhanaka. According to the Shafiis, he reacites the surah of al-Fatiha every rak’ah.
The imam recites only surah of al-Fatiha in the third and fourth rak’ahs of zuhr (noon), asr (afternoon), evening (maghrib) and night (isha) prayers but not an additional surah.
Questions on Islam
- Why do we need to read Subhanaka supplication when we stand up for the third rak’ah after the first sitting when we perform the sunnah prayers of the afternoon (asr) and night (isha) prayers?
- How does a person who catches up with the imam after the first rak’ah (third rak’ah) in a four-rak’ah prayer (masbuq) complete his prayer?
- In what order should we read chapters of the Quran in prayer? Is it makruh to read them without an order? Will you give information about the lengths of chapters and the order of reading them in prayer?
- What should we recite in the 3rd and 4th Raka'ah of a prayer?
- What is the amount of qiraah that is fard in prayer? Is it permissible to stop anywhere while reading a long chapter from the Quran in prayer?
- What is the decree on performing nafilah prayers by sitting? Does a person who follows a musafir imam need to read al-Fatiha in the third and fourth rak’ahs?
- How to perform the noon (zuhr) prayer (The First Sunnah)
- How to perform the noon (zuhr) prayer (Fard)
- How to perform the noon (zuhr) prayer (The Last Sunnah)
- What are the hadiths related to sunnah/nafilah prayers and their virtues?