What prayer should a person say when he fears, is terrified and uneasy?
Submitted by on Tue, 19/07/2022 - 10:48
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is religiously permissible to say prayers and to write verses and hadiths on things, and to have them on one’s body. Abdullah bin Umar reports the following from the Prophet (pbuh):
"If one of you becomes frightened during sleep, let him say, I seek refuge in Allah’s perfect words from His anger, His punishment, and the evil of His creatures, from the whisperings of the devils, and that they should come.' Then, nothing shall harm him."
Abdullah bin Amr taught it to those of his children who attained maturity, and he wrote it on a sheet and then hang it around the neck those who did not attain maturity. (Tirmidhi, Daawat, 94)
The following prayer can also be said when a person fears, is terrified and uneasy:
"Audhu bi kalimatillahit-tammati min ghadabihi wa sharri ibadihi wa min hamazatish-shaytani wa an yakhdurun."
"I seek refuge in Allah’s perfect words from His anger and the evil of His creatures, from the whisperings of Satan, and that they should come."
Explanation: Once, Khalid bin Walid went to the Prophet (pbuh) and said,
"O Messenger of Allah! I have some fear and distress; I want to keep away from people." The Prophet (pbuh) said to him,
"If you say this prayer when you go to bed, you will get rid of them."
In such cases, one should say this prayer in the morning and in the evening with a pure intention for at least seven days.
(Bilal Eren, Dua Hazinesi)
Questions on Islam
- What are the hadiths about the prayers to be said while going to bed?
- Will you advice me a prayer (dua) against fear? What prayers should be said against fear?
- Is a situation to take refuge necessary in order to take refuge in Allah?
- Prophet Ibrahim [Abraham] (Peace be upon him)
- Can you give information about the meaning of the supplication (dua) and glorification (tasbih) in the prayer and the rewards given for them?
- Is it a sin to perform the prayer at the end of the time for that prayer? Can the prayer be performed as soon as the adhan is recited?
- What are the verses about Angels, Jinn, and Devils?
- How should our style (method) be in (conveying the message of Islam, propagation of Islam)? How should I convey the message of Islam to people who despise Islam?
- About the Prophethood of Muhammad (PBUH)
- Is it permissible to apply to a hodja in order to break a spell?