Is there a hadith related to the supplication (dua) ‘La ilaha illallahul malikul haqqul mubin...’?
- The phrase ‘La ilaha illallahul malikul haqqul mubin, Muhammadun rasulullahi sadiqul wa’dil amin’ is mentioned in many places.
- What is the original text and meaning of it? Is there a hadith about it?
Submitted by on Mon, 21/12/2020 - 14:18
Dear Brother / Sister,
لَااِلٰهَ اِلاَّالله اَلْمَلِكُ الْحَقُّ الْمُبِينُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ اللهِ صَادِقُ الْوَعْدِ اْلاَمِين
"La ilaha illallahul malikul haqqul mubin, Muhammadun rasulullahi sadiqul wa’dil amin."
"There is no god but Almighty Allah, the King, the Clear Truth. Muhammad (pbuh), who is the messenger of Allah, fulfils his promises and is trustworthy."
We have not been able to find a hadith narration about the full statement.
However, as for the first part of the statement لَااِلٰهَ اِلاَّالله اَلْمَلِكُ الْحَقُّ الْمُبِينُ, it is stated that Jibril (pbuh) said to the Prophet:
“O Muhammad! If a person from your ummah says, لَااِلٰهَ اِلاَّالله اَلْمَلِكُ الْحَقُّ الْمُبِينُ La ilaha illallahul malikul haqqul mubin a hundred times a day, it will be a means of salvation from poverty for him, will be his friend when he is alone in the grave, will be a means of acquiring wealth, and will knock on the door of Paradise.” (Zabidi, Ithaf, 5/131; Kanzul-Ummal, no: 5058)
However, it is stated that Fadl b. Ghanim, who is included in the chain of narrators of that hadith is, weak. (see Kanzul-Ummal, ibid)
Nevertheless, it will be nice to read that statement with the intention of praising Allah and His Messenger, praying to Allah and begging, and being saved from afflictions and misfortunes.
As a matter of fact, people like Muhyiddin Ibnul-Arabi read that supplication in order to drive afflictions and misfortunes and to be protected from them. (Majmuatul-Ahzab wa Awrad, Beirut, p. 337-338; Qiladatul-Jawahir, Beirut, 1971, p. 250)
Questions on Islam
- Are there any supplications (duas) to be said before or after Tahajjud prayer?
- What does implicit belief mean?
- When did Hz. Adam find out about Hz. Muhammad? When did he first see the name of our Prophet?
- Will you write me a prayer that will help me get rid of distress?
- Fourth Topic: It consists of ten unrelated matters, which form the answers to six questions.
- How many parts is Belief divided into?
- Why is the covering of the Kaaba black? What chapters and verses are written on this covering?
- Will you give information about the duas (supplications) and tasbihat (glorifications) read in prayer (salah) and thawabs given for them?
- Does a person who dies by saying la ilaha illallah in his last breath die as a Muslim?
- SALAT (PRAYER)-II