What are the possibilities about the reality of “existence”?
Submitted by on Tue, 23/06/2020 - 10:21
Dear Brother / Sister,
5.3-THE COMMAND KUN (BE) AND CREATION*
When we look at ourselves and the realm around us, we are faced with a reality of “existence”. Although we did not witness the first moments of creation, we know that we came into being out of nothing; we also see new ones coming into being.
We live in an immense realm whose boundaries we do not know. As it is explained in the works written in the field of astronomy, there are at least a hundred billion galaxies in the universe like the Milky Way Galaxy, in which we live. There are at least two hundred billion stars like our sun in our galaxy. When we look at ourselves and the realm around us, we are faced with a reality of “existence”. Although we did not witness the first moments of creation, we know that we came into being out of nothing; we also see new ones coming into being.
The question whether this realm has a creator or not has occupied people for a long time. Almost all religions have a faith that there is a creator of the world and human beings. Philosophers who try to understand the universe with an independent mind generally accept the existence of a creator. However, there were and there are people who are not members of any religion. Some of them formed philosophical movements like positivism and materialism and inculcated their atheistic views into the masses.
Some of the ancient Greek philosophers who lived before Christ explained everything with atoms. According to them, atoms were not created and will never disappear. Everything comes into being with the combination of those atoms.1
If this philosophy is examined carefully, it will be seen that the view of the pre-eternity of matter is put forward in order to avoid saying God.
There are two possibilities related to existence:
1- The pre-eternity of matter, which is advocated by atheists.
2- That matter is something created, which is accepted by all religions.
That is, matter is either pre-eternal and not created or it is not pre-eternal and is created. If it was created, there is definitely a Creator.
*Article in print (Âdem Durmaz, ÂdemTatlı, Ercan Kaya, İdris Görmez,Nihat Yatkın, Orhan Erdoğan, Ömer İrfan Küfrevioğlu, Veysel Güllüce. İslâmiyet’in DilindenYaratılış. Atatürk ÜniversitesiYayını, 2019, p. 9-18).
1.See Ahmet Arslan, İlkçağ Felsefe Tarihi, Bilgi Ün. Yay. 2006 Istanbul, p. 314-330
Questions on Islam
- What does Allah’s being Pre-Eternal mean?
- Question 44: What is the position of a person, in terms of faith, who accepts that matter is pre-eternal and that galaxies and living beings came into being after Allah shaped matter? Did previous prophets tell their ummahs about Big Bang?
- What are the attributes of Allah? How many types of attributes are there?
- Could you give information as regard to the Big Bang theory and the creation of the universe?
- What had God (SWT) been doing before He created the universe?
- “Allah created everything. Who created Allah then?”
- What does Allah’s existence being from His own essence mean?
- What does "Time is not in question for Allah" mean?
- What are Allah's attributes? How many groups are they divided into?
- Will you give information about the realms of Knowledge and Power?