Will you give information about the realms of Knowledge and Power?
Submitted by on Mon, 29/06/2020 - 10:59
Dear Brother / Sister,
REALMS OF KNOWLEDGE AND POWER*
ALLAH’S both power and knowledge are pre-eternal and post-eternal.... Then, how should we understand the "realm of knowledge and realm of power"?
The following meaning comes to mind when we say realm of knowledge:
Before this universe of existence had been created with its suns and stars, its animals and human beings, and its jinn and angels, all of their qualities were present in the pre-eternal knowledge of Allah. The realm of knowledge is this "realm of quality". When Allah wills to create them, they are brought to the realm of existence by divine power. All of these realities that appear in the realm of beings are called "the realm of power". We see that a new meaning is given to the"realm of knowledge and power" in the following statement:
The visible part of all beings flowing in the river of time represents the realm of power, and the invisible part in the unseen realm represents the realm of knowledge.
Things do not go to non-existence; they rather pass from the realm of power to the realm of knowledge; they go from the Manifest World to the World of the Unseen; they turn from the world of change and transience to the worlds of light and eternity.1
Accordingly, “the realm of knowledge” is the unseen realm, and "the realm of power" is the manifest realm. The falling rain, the talking people, the singing birds, etc. today are in the manifest realm and in the realm of power. They came into being with divine power and are fulfilling their duties. All of the beings that will be created from the moment when the first seed of the universe was sown to Doomsday and the hereafter are in the unseen realm and in the realm of knowledge. When the beings in this realm of power migrate from this world after fulfilling their duties, they will migrate to the unseen realm again. We see the following wonderful explanation in the Second Topic of the Twentieth Letter:
These beings flow with the divine will. This universe is moving with the divine order. These creatures flow constantly in the river of time with the divine permission… They are sent from the unseen realm; they are clothed their apparent bodies in the manifest realm; then, they regularly flow to the unseen realm. They come from the future all the time, visit the present time to relax and go to the past.2
The visible part of all beings flowing in the river of time represents the realm of power, and the invisible part in the unseen realm represents the realm of knowledge. In this wonderful determination, where knowledge and wisdom are combined together, it is shown in our minds and our imaginations that not only living beings but also all non-living beings flow in the river of time, that human beings move toward death, and that the universe moves towardDoomsday with great speed. The widest realm of this flow and this change is presented to our contemplation with the following sentences:
He turns the realm of particles, which is the largest realm, to a field, sows, cultivates and reaps crops as muchas the universe with His power and wisdom there all the time. He sends them from the manifest realm to the unseen realm, from the realm of power to the realm of knowledge.3
If all the atoms present in the universe are likened to a field, their previous and subsequent states appear as separate fields. As much crop as the universe is collected from the universe any moment. As they follow one other, ears are formed and grown, people are born and grown up, hair is lengthened and grayed, seasons are changed, and centuries follow one another. All of these inform us about the activity in the field of particles, which is the largest realm. Thus, the realm of particles is sent to the realm of knowledge from the realm of power, that is, from the manifest realm to the unseen realm all the time.
*It was published beforehand (ÂdemTatlı. Bilimlerin Işığından Yaratılış. 1st Impression, Üsküdar Üniversitesi Yayını, 2015, p. 159-160).
1.Nursi, B.S. Mektûbat. Türkiye Diyanet Vakfı Yayınları-605, 2nd Impression, Ankara, 2016, p. 295-296.
2.Nursi, B.S. Mektûbat. p. 304.
3.Nursi, B.S. Mektûbat. p. 295.
Questions on Islam
- The Tenth Letter explains the issues like qadar and lawh al-mahfuz (the preserved tablet) by defining the 'Clear Book' and the 'Clear Record; it also gives information about where the Great Gathering will take place.
- We meet some people, though not many, who say, “I do not believe in the things that I do not see.” What should we say to them in order to make them give up this wrong thought?
- Where is Hell?
- The Third Question is a reasonable explanation of where Hell is situated.
- What is Life?
- Second Aim: The duties of atoms and molecules in forming various matters.
- Second Station: It is a summary about the proof of oneness from the point of the Greatest Name.
- Twenty-Fourth Letter: It explains an important secret of the obscure secrets of the universe, and wisdoms behind the manifestations the divine names of ar-Rahim (All- Compassionate) al-Karim (The Generous) and Wadud (Loving). It consists of two stations.
- Question 46: How should the activity of God Almighty be explained to those who regard even miraculous events as normal and Allah’s commands as properties of things?
- Can Allah’s luminosity be understood by examples? Will you give information about luminosity, angels, which are luminous beings, and the incident of Miraj (Ascension), whose essence is light