What does Allah’s being Pre-Eternal mean?
Submitted by on Sat, 27/06/2020 - 10:50
Dear Brother / Sister,
7.1.1-Allah is pre-eternal
First of all, Allah is pre-eternal; His existence has no beginning. Something that has no firstness (beginning) is pre-eternal (qadim); something that is created in time is hadith (contingent). Allah is qadim; things that are created in time cannot be deities. Everything other than Allah is hadith; that is to say, they were created afterwards. They were created by the power of Allah. There is no doubt that creatures cannot have the attribute pre-eternal, which is peculiar to the Creator. There was nothing else with His pre-eternal existence. The realms were created later. In that case, the Creator cannot have been created. Asking who created Allah originates from not knowing Allah because whatever is thought as a creaturecannot be a deity.1
God Almighty is pre-eternal, post-eternal, the first and the last. There is nothing or nobody similar to, equal to and like him; He has no partners. His attributes come from His essence.
Those who do not accept or cannot understand the pre-eternality of Allah have to accept as many deities as atoms by attributing pre-eternality to matter.
1.Bilmen, Ö. N. Büyük İslam İlmihali. Istanbul, 2001, p.14.
Questions on Islam
- What does Allah’s being Everlasting mean?
- Question 44: What is the position of a person, in terms of faith, who accepts that matter is pre-eternal and that galaxies and living beings came into being after Allah shaped matter? Did previous prophets tell their ummahs about Big Bang?
- What does Allah’s existence being from His own essence mean?
- What are the attributes of Allah? How many types of attributes are there?
- What are the reasons for the mistakes of atheists and materialists?
- “Allah created everything. Who created Allah then?”
- Why isn’t the matter pre-eternal? How can God be pre-eternal?
- What does personal attributes mean? Is the name ar-Rahman an attribute of the self of Allah? Is it objectionable to give the name Rahman to children?
- How does Allah describe Himself in the Quran?
- What is time and pre-eternity?