Is the Quran makhluq (something created)?
Submitted by on Thu, 16/12/2010 - 14:46
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is necessary to view the Quran in two ways.
a. The material and created aspect of the Quran, which is the paper, ink, cover, voice, articulation point and the case of the Quran that are seen by the eye, heard by the ear and touched by the hand.
b. The spiritual and kalam, which is a divine attribute, aspect of the Quran. From this point of view, the Quran is not created. Since Allah is not created and He is pre-eternal, His attributes are not created, either. One of His attributes is the attribute of kalam (speech). We call the Quran “kalamullah” (speech or word of Allah). Kalamullah is a divine attribute; in this aspect, it is not created. It is a divine attribute and modesty that has become manifest so that we will understand what Allah wants from us.
Questions on Islam
- Could you please explain the notion of Tawhid (Oneness)?
- Could you please give me information about the Oneness of Allah? What does Burhan al-Tamanu (Reductio ad Impossible) mean?
- Why is the language of the Quran Arabic? How can we answer those who regard this as nationalism? Is it not better if we read the translation of the Quran?
- Why was Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) polygamous?
- Will you explain the universality of the Quran by giving examples?
- Why does Allah command people
- What is the effect of partial free will? Since Allah gives everything, what is the importance of partial free will given to man?
- Is the Quran makhluq (something created)? Is it true that some madhhab imams were tortured because of this issue?
- What does Mithaq, that is the ‘covenant’ in qalu bala, mean? Why do we not remember the promise we made in the realm of the souls? Will it make us free of responsibility not to remember that promise?
- Could you please define the characteristics of the interpretation methodology of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)? What are the characteristics, content and activities on the subject of interpretation of His ummah (Community of Muslim Believers)?