What is the age of starting Obligatory Prayer (salat)? How should we compensate our Qadha prayers?
Submitted by on Wed, 14/01/2009 - 02:22
Dear Brother / Sister,
Because it is only possible to know right from wrong in human after reaching pubescence, Allah Almighty does not call children to account when they are in their childhood. After reaching pubescence asks for the obligations such as fast, prayer etc. So our religious obligations start after reaching pubescence. And it is known that the time (age) of pubescence is not definite. After the Boy (12) and girl (9) years old, there may be a feeling to reach pubescence till (15). And it shows itself in boy with nocturnal emission, in girls with menstruation. After that human and carnal feeling has appeared, every obligation is recorded as “has been done” or “has not been done”.
For your third question we recommend you not to listen that thoughts and to pray in awe. For a detailed information about it, we are translating an answer, after it has been finished, insaallah we will send it to you. Here you can get some information about your other related questions.
Questions on Islam
- How can we repent for a serious sin?
- At what age are Muslims obligated to pray five times daily?
- When "fard" become obligatory on boys?
- What is the age of maturity for boys and girls in Islam?
- Beginning from what age must missed prayers be calculated? How are missed prayers performed?
- What is the age that girls are recommended to cover their bodies in accordance with tasattur?
- How old should one start to perform prayers?
- Parents and the orders of Allah
- What is the rule of delaying prayers beyond their proper times at particular times of education and training at school, what should be done? Is it permissible to perform prayers by combining two prayers?