We know that Hz. Muhammad (pbuh) is the last prophet and no prophets will come after him. However, Hz. Isa (Jesus) will come down from the sky; will he not come as a prophet?
Submitted by on Wed, 09/03/2016 - 23:21
Dear Brother / Sister,
The duty of the prophethood of Hz. Isa ended when he was ascended to the sky. Every prophet has an aspect of sainthood in addition to the aspect of prophethood. At the end of time, Hz. Isa will come down as a saint and scholar, not as a prophet; he will be a member of the ummah of Hz. Muhammad (pbuh).
Questions on Islam
- Are the explanations about the pronoun "hu (he/it)" mentioned in verse 61 of the chapter of az-Zukhruf debatable? What/Whom does that pronoun indicate?
- How did the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) believe that he became a prophet?
- How many years passed between Hz. Isa (Jesus) and Hz. Ibrahim and Hz. Muhammad?
- Why did the Quran not state clearly that Hz. Isa (Jesus) would come at the end of time?
- The Prophet Idris (pbuh) was ascended to the sky. If every soul shall have a taste of death, then how will his death happen?
- Will you explain the hadith "Son of Mary (Jesus) will shortly descend amongst you as a just ruler, will break the Cross, kill the pig and abolish jizyah; wealth will become so abundant that no one will accept it"?
- Prophet Isa [Jesus] (Peace be upon him)
- Will you give information about the Bible of Barnabas?
- The Proofs of the Prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) in the Distorted Bible.
- Hatib bin Abi Baltaa (r.a.)