use of zamzam
Submitted by on Fri, 26/12/2008 - 23:21
Dear Brother / Sister,
There is no Hadith or Ayahs in regards with doing lecal pump (nacasath cleaning) cleaning with zam-zam water. Also there is no drawback for having ablution or full ablution (wudu / qusl) with zam-zam water. Cleaning private parts as may be cleaned with water, also may be cleaned with small stones when there is no water. However, it is makruh (disliked, disagreeable; not forbidden by God but looked upon with horror and disgust by Muslim teachers.) to clean the private parts with zam-zam or with bone, glass, paper, expensive fabrics such as silk but it is not haram (forbidden). Additionally, in difficulties, cleaning private parts with zam-zam is not makruh.
When there is no water, one may clean private parts with worthless fabric, cotton, papers like toilet paper as well. As a matter of fact, it is better to dry private parts with something like a hydrophilic cloth.
Questions on Islam
- What are the situations that women can encounter during hajj (pilgrimage) and what are they supposed to do in those conditions?
- What is Taharah (Cleanliness)?
- Tahara (Cleanliness or Purification)
- TAHARA (Cleanliness or Purification)
- Judgments about waters which are Instruments of Cleaning
- What are the benefits of Zamzam, how should it be drunk? How was Zamzam water found? What are the advantages and benefits of it? Is it necessary to drink it while standing? Cannot we drink it while sitting?
- What can be Used for Cleaning After Having a Bowel Movement or Urinating?
- What is Wudu (Ablution)?
- The Positive Effects of Cleaning After Toilet on Human Health
- Will you give information about being covered in the bathroom, having a bath naked and manners of having a bath?