Is it permissible to perform ghusl while being naked? Is it permissible to urinate in the place where we bath?..
Will you give information about being covered in the bathroom, having a bath naked and manners of having a bath?
Submitted by on Fri, 09/12/2016 - 09:09
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is permissible to have a bath naked in a closed place and alone; it is not haram. However, it is better to cover the private parts in terms of good manners. Ghusl made while one is naked is valid.
MANNERS OF HAVING A BATH
It is better to act in accordance with manners of having a bath but it is not a sin if one does not act accordingly.
1. We should clean our teeth with miswak (Islamic toothbrush) before we bathe.
2. We should take a bath with nice thoughts like going into the presence of Allah with a clean body.
3. We should enter the bathroom with our left foot.
4. When entering we should say “In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful, I seek refuge in Allah from the evil of out cast Satan and all kinds of excrement.”
5. We should close the door so that nobody sees inside the bathroom.
6. When bathing in a public bath, we should cover our private parts and wear a loincloth.
7. We should firstly wash our right and left shoulders.
8. We should not waste the water.
9. When we feel hot water on our skins, we should think of Hell and compare the hellfire with this hotness of water.
10. We should not talk while bathing; we should not sing songs including Allah’s names or holy things and should not read verses from the Quran.
11. We should not enter the bathroom towards the evening and between the evening prayer and night prayer.
12. One should not pour water on himself while standing in the bathroom. If the water that falls on the floor does not splash on a person's body, it is permissible to have a bath by sitting.
13. Urinating or defecating in the place of bathing must be avoided. The Prophet warns us about it,
“One of you should not urinate in the place where he bathes and should not make wudu (ablution) in that place. Most of delusions –waswasa- come from this.” (Tirmidhi, Tahara 17; Nasai, Tahara 6)
14. Those who have a bath should wash and clean the bathroom. There should not be any unpleasant sights in the bathroom. They should clean all the dirt of soap, hair, and dirty water on the floor. The dirty clothes should not be hung and should not be left as dirty.
15. Everybody should have their own loincloths and use that.
16. If they have long hair and mustache, they should trim and shorten them before bathing.
17. It is mustahab (recommended) to pluck and shave the hairs of your armpits once in maximum forty days
18. It is Sunnah to remove the pubic hairs once in maximum forty days.
19. It is Sunnah to have kohl three times on our right eye, two times on our left eye, and to begin from the right one.
20. We should bury or burn the nails and hairs we cut by wrapping them in something.
Questions on Islam
- Will you give information about being covered in the bathroom, having a bath naked and manners of having a bath?
- Can you inform us about the accepted ways of bathing in Islam?
- Issues related to ghusl
- TAHARA (Cleanliness or Purification)
- What is Taharah (Cleanliness)?
- What is Wudu (Ablution)?
- How did the Prophet (pbuh) make ghusl? How much water did he use and how much time did he spend making ghusl?
- How should a person who just had an operation make ghusl? Is ghusl permissible if I wipe over the parts that have bandage? How should a person wash the places that are covered with sticking plasters or bandage while making wudu?
- Does it prevent wudu to make a pause while making wudu? Does it harm wudu if a person wears his sock after washing his right foot and before washing his left foot?