Question 23: Why did Allah create the universe and the things in it based on the laws of chemistry, physics, etc.? What is the wisdom behind life’s being based on the laws of biology, chemistry and physics?
Submitted by on Mon, 28/09/2020 - 11:05
Dear Brother / Sister,
Answer: Every being or law created by Allah can have many wisdoms. Since our knowledge is very limited, we can perceive or mention His wisdoms in creation to a very limited extent. What science does is to understand the wisdoms and purposes of this creation and to show some principles and operations on which they are based.
Every law and system in the universe are based on one or sometimes several names of Allah and become a mirror to the manifestations of those names to some extent. In other words, the names of Allah appear and become manifest in the form of laws and principles in beings. For example, let us think of a leaf of the apple tree. Many names of Allah are manifested in the formation of this leaf. In the manifestation of the name Hakim (All-Wise), it is essential to comply with reason and logic, to be wise and purposeful. At the same time, the future duty of this leaf is taken into consideration due to the manifestation of the name Mudabbir (Prudent). In addition, due to the manifestation of the name Muqaddir (Determiner), this leaf is given a certain shape and dimensions; it is adorned beautifully with the manifestation of the name Muzayyin (Adorner). With the manifestation of many more names that we do not list here, everything, from the inside and the outside of that leaf to its nutrition and functions, is planned down to the finest details and created
Thus, the manifestations of Allah’s names on beings require them to be created according to a certain plan, wisdom and purpose. The observation of a certain plan, goal and purpose in beings becomes manifest in the form of the laws of physics, chemistry, biology, gravity and electromagnetics.
On the other hand, knowing that certain principles and laws are involved in the creation of beings and in the continuation of their lives also invites and encourages human research and investigation because when the researcher knows that nothing is unattended and random, it stimulates his spirit of research and examination. Such a spiritual structure is the first encouraging element in the progress of humanity.
Questions on Islam
- Why did Allah (SWT) create the universe based on the laws of chemistry, physics? What is the wisdom behind the fact that life is based on these laws? Why was the universe not created at once?
- Knowing the Creator and understanding Creation through Questions
- Will you explain with examples that all branches of science are based on a name of Allah?
- What is a miracle? In what situations are miracles shown?
- How can we tell unbelievers about Allah’s existence?
- How does materialism explain existence? What is nanotechnology?
- What is the reason why Allah mentions the Prophet Hz. Muhammad as "Habibullah" (Beloved of Allah)? Is this phrase used in the Quran and hadiths?
- Is it possible to see signs related to the existence of Allah by looking at the universe?
- If living things have to change, how can it be argued that they were created perfectly? How can we answer those who show it as evidence for evolution?
- Creation through the Language of Sciences