Is our prophet Hz. Muhammad (pbuh) an Arab? What nationality is he?
Submitted by on Fri, 24/02/2017 - 14:59
Dear Brother / Sister,
The following hadith is included in Imam Munawi's book called "Faydul-Qadir" from Ibn Abbas:
"Love Arabs due to three properties: I am an Arab. The Quran was sent down in Arabic. The language of the people of Paradise is Arabic."1
"With it came down the Spirit of Faith and Truth―To thy heart and mind, that thou mayest admonish―In the perspicuous Arabic tongue."2
"We sent not a messenger except (to teach) in the language of his (own) people, in order to make (things) clear to them."3
The verses above state that the Prophet (pbuh) conveyed the message to Arabs, his own nation, in their own language.
The hadith and verses show that the Prophet (pbuh) is an Arab.
1. Faydul-Qadir, I/178, Hadith no: 225.
2. ash-Shuara, 26/193-195.
3. Ibrahim, 14/4.
(see Mehmed Paksu, Meseleler ve Çözümleri - 1)
Questions on Islam
- Will the language of Paradise be Arabic? Will Arabic be spoken in the hereafter? If so, is there a verse or hadith indicating this?
- From what race does Hz. Ibrahim came from?
- What language did Hz Adam and Hz Eve speak? What language will be spoken in Paradise?
- Name of the nation/people that Isa (A.S) & Raulullah (S.AW)
- How did Zayd bin Thabit learn foreign languages? What methods did the Prophet (pbuh) teach him about learning a language?
- Some people insult Arabs due to racism. Are there any hadiths regarding the issue?
- Was Basmala the same in the other religions as Arabic or how was it present?
- The Prophet owning Sword and Stuff mentioned in the Bible
- Why is the language of the Quran Arabic? How can we answer those who regard this as nationalism? Is it not better if we read the translation of the Quran?
- "Whoever can guarantee (the chastity of) what is between his two jaw-bones and what is between his two legs, I guarantee Paradise for him." Will you explain this hadith? Between two legs probably means private parts; what does between tow jaw-bones mean?