Submitted by on Wed, 26/11/2008 - 23:05
Dear Brother / Sister,
Your age is mature enough for marrying. In Islam, one does not have to marry a member of one’s relative. Islam only forbids a woman to marry a non-Muslim man and forbids a man to marry an idolater woman. In the situation you ask about, according to the sects of Shafii, Hanbali and Maliki you can not marry without permission of your family. However, according to the Hanafi sect, you can marry without permission of them. It is better and advisable for both of you to get your family’s consent. But, if you still insist on marrying and if you are not a Hanafi, you can change your sect into Hanefi. Then, there shall not be any drawback in terms of religion.
For further information, please click on the link given below.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible for me to make nikah with a woman who escaped from family violence?
- Is it permissible for me to get married informally?
- Is it permissible to force a girl or woman into marriage?
- Unable to accept the khula from wife.
- To those who are thinking of getting married
- Marriage and Family Life
- MARRIAGE IN ISLAM
- Is it permissible for me to get divorced from my current husband and get married again with another man?
- How did the Prophet (pbuh) marry Hz. Khadijah? What was their marriage ceremony like?