How is a nawafil prayer is performed?
Submitted by on Sun, 20/12/2009 - 21:49
Dear Brother / Sister,
The best way to perform nafl* prayers is to perform them in two rakats and it is performed like the last sunnah of noon prayer (Dhuhr). However, nafl prayers can also be performed in four rakats. If performed in four raka’ats, then it should be performed like sunnah of afternoon prayer (Asr). When in qa’da (sitting) of the second rakat, prayers (dua) of salli and barik should be recited and then rise to qiyam (standing). In the third rakat, subhanaka is recited and after basmala, Fatiha and a short sura of three verses (zamm-i sura) should be recited.
Moreover, the last sunnah of Dhuhr and the last sunnah of Isha’a can also be performed in four rakats. If they are performed in four rakats, they are performed like the sunnah of Asr.
Donation, grant, captured property, a voluntary work. It means the prayers except fard and wajib prayers and narrated to be performed by the Messenger of Allah (pbuh). These are divided into two: sunnah nafls and mandub nafls. Sunnah nafl means the strong acts which the messenger of Allah continued to perform and rarely quitted. The reason for that he did not perform them sometimes is to show people that they are not fards. Mandup nafl means weak acts, which the Prophet sometimes performed and sometimes did not perform. Mandub is also called mustahabb.
Questions on Islam
- Can I perform the witr prayer that belongs to the night prayer as one rakat?
- When someone joins a congregational prayer in progress, what should he/she do and recite?
- What are the sunna prayers (the prayers performed by our Prophet Muhammad-pbuh-, and performing of which are recommended but not obligatory)?
- Surah in 3rd and 4th Rakat
- Can you give information about the five daily prayers?
- How is Sajda as-Sahw performed and how should one keep his index finger during tashahhud according to sunnah?
- SALAT (PRAYER)-II
- What are the acts that a Muslim should do before and during the prayer?
- Is it permissible not to perform the sunnah prayers? We are sometimes very tired. They say the Prophet (pbuh) sometimes abandoned the sunnahs of the afternoon and night prayers. Is it true? How often did he abandon them?
- Qada (Missed) Prayers