Is it a sin to go to non-Muslim countries?
- Is it permissible for a Muslim citizen (or leader) go to non-Muslim land arbitrarily?
- Today, many Muslims reside in European countries and America; are they regarded to commit haram?
Submitted by on Fri, 31/03/2023 - 13:24
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is permissible for a Muslim - no matter what his post is - to visit non-Muslim countries that are not actually at a state of war with his country and that have a certain security and safety agreement.
What matters is whether a Muslim lives in accordance with the Islamic faith, decrees and ethics, no matter what country he is in.
Accordingly, if he can practice comfortably the Islamic customs and traditions, fulfill his deeds of worship and obligations easily, set an example to the people around him and show the beauty of Islam, it is permissible for him to go there even if there is no obligation; he will receive thawabs for his good intentions.
However, if he is to suffer materially or spiritually, it is definitely not permissible for him to go.
For more information, please click on the link given below;
Questions on Islam
- What are the criteria for social intercourse with non-Muslims? Is it permissible to be business partners with them?
- Is it permissible to kill Non-Muslims?
- The Muslims working in countries like Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands deposit their money in banks in order to keep them. Is it permissible to receive the interest given by the banks?
- Will you give information about migrating because of not being able to practice Islam?
- Which region in the world has the largest Muslim population today?
- Are violation of personal rights in question between Muslims and non-Muslims living in Europe / foreign countries?
- Is it permissible to buy the products of foreign countries?
- Is it permissible to work in a bank in a non-Muslim country?
- Is it permissible to gamble in non-Muslim countries (in dar al-harb)?
- Can you dispel my doubts about exporting "revealing style women garments"?