Will you give information about migrating because of not being able to practice Islam?
Submitted by on Thu, 31/03/2016 - 19:20
Dear Brother / Sister,
Fiqh scholars of Islam divide land of unbelievers into four:
1. Places where it is impossible to practice the basics of Islam:
It is not permissible for Muslims to settle and stay in such a place. They need to do their best in order to migrate from that place.
2. Places where it is possible to live like a Muslim and to resist against unbelievers:
It is fard to settle and stay in such a place and to strengthen Islam. A person who migrates from such a place is held responsible. For, it is regarded treason to hand over a piece of land of Muslims to unbelievers.
3. Places where it is possible to practice the basics of Islam but it is not possible to spread Islam and it is not useful for Islam to stay:
It is permissible to stay in such a place but it is better to migrate.
4. Places where it is possible to practice the basics of Islam, to spread Islam and where non-Muslims are expected to enter Islam:
It is necessary to stay in such a place. (Qurratu'l-Ayn, p. 206)
If it is useful for Muslims and Islam to stay in a country, it is necessary to try to stay there. On the other hand, if Muslims are in minority in a country and if the situation gets worse for them day by day, it is better for them to leave that country.
(see Halil GÜNENÇ, Günümüz Meselelerine Fetvalar, II/296)
Questions on Islam
- Is it haram to receive and give interest in dar al-harb? Is interest permissible in non-Muslim countries?
- What does determine one country whether is an Islamic country or not?
- What is Caliphate? Is it possible to put Islam into practice in every part of life without an Islamic state? What should be the Ummah’s role in establishing Caliphate?
- Migration to Madinah Starts
- Where does a holy (sacred) thing take its holiness (sacredness) from? What things are holy?
- Is it permissible for me to date a non-Muslim?
- Which region in the world has the largest Muslim population today?
- What are the criteria for social intercourse with non-Muslims? Is it permissible to be business partners with them?
- Is it permissible to kill Non-Muslims?
- How should the attitude of the believers be against the oppression in the world?