Is it permissible to make a movie in which an actor portrays Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) ?
Submitted by on Sat, 06/11/2010 - 15:38
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is not permissible to make a movie in which an actor portrays Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
It is better to avoid circumstances that would prove disrespectful or harmful to the image of any Prophets or their Companions, which would also include sensitivities to the physical portrayal of any such revered persons.
Prof. Dr. Hayrettin Karaman
Questions on Islam
- The Signs of divine books such as the Torah, Bible and Psalms are a proof of Muhammad’s (PBUH) prophethood.
- If Prophet Mohammad had been alive today, what kind of a vehicle would he have used and what kind of clothes would he have worn?
- Is it possible to find proofs for the prophethood of the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in the Bible, Torah and Psalms?
- What are the characteristics of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in Holy Books?
- The Proofs of the Prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) in the Distorted Torah.
- The First Kind is the news given by the Torah, the Bible, the Psalms and other scriptures about Muhammad (pbuh).
- The Prophet Calls the Tribes to Islam
- Eighth Matter which is the Eighth Booklet: It consists of “Eight Points”, written as an answer to six questions.
- What are the purposes of wars that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) fought?
- What kind of method did the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) follow in the way he invited peoples into Islam?