Is Boxing allowed in islam? Is it permissible to learn and teach boxing with the aim of self defense or guarding?
Submitted by on Thu, 16/12/2010 - 20:36
Dear Brother / Sister,
As it is known boxing is not like playing football, running or wrestling. The aim in boxing is fighting each other and harassing your opponent. As cock, goat, camel, ram and bull fighting harass animals, it is not permissible. Our religion does not allow harassing animals and cannot give man, who is the caliph of earth and highest of all living beings, the permission of harassing and fighting with one another. (See, Yusuf Ardabili, Anwaru'l-Abrar, II/388, Halil Günenç, Günümüz Meselelerine Fetvalar, p. 199)
However, it is permissible to learn and teach boxing with the aim of self defense or guarding.
Questions on Islam
- An Explanation for Islam's Understanding of Jihad
- Reciprocation with Idolaters Allowed
- Will you give information about football and its objectionable aspects? How does the religion Islam view sport games such as football, basketball etc.?
- What is criticism? What are the rules and principles in criticism? What kind of things should a person who criticizes and who is criticized pay attention to?
- What is Islam? Will you give detailed information about Islam?
- What is Islam? Will you please give detailed information about Islam?
- The Battle of Badr
- Special File of Sexuality Test
- On what practices is Islamic law of war based?
- 5. Madinah Period of Hazrat Muhammad