Can girls recite Quran during their periods?
Submitted by on Wed, 31/07/2013 - 22:36
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is haram for a woman who is in the state of menstruation and puerperium to read the Quran. The Messenger of Allah said, “A woman who is in the state of menstruation and puerperium cannot read the Quran.” It is permissible for women who are in the state of menstruation and puerperium to read various prayers like the qunut prayer glorify Allah and say salawat for the Prophet. Women who are in the state of menstruation and puerperium cannot read the Quran but they can listen to it.
It is also haram for women who are in the state of menstruation and puerperium to touch the Quran. Let alone the whole Quran, it is even haram to touch one verse or one word of a verse.
Questions on Islam
- Which Surahs and Durood's can be recited during menstruation period??
- Is Boxing allowed in islam? Is it permissible to learn and teach boxing with the aim of self defense or guarding?
- States Peculiar to Women (Menstruation- Puerperium- Excuse)
- Can women enter the mosques where Friday prayers are performed and that have pulpits when they are in menstruation?
- Is it permissible to make a movie in which an actor portrays Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)?
- Can women say prayers while they are in menstruation?
- What things are haram for people who have to make ghusl?
- Is it permissible for menstruating women to read the Holy Qur’an and its translation; is it also necessary to cover the head while reading?
- Is it permissible for a woman who is in menstruation to fast?
- Blessed Night