Can girls recite Quran during their periods?
Submitted by on Wed, 31/07/2013 - 22:36
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is haram for a woman who is in the state of menstruation and puerperium to read the Quran. The Messenger of Allah said, “A woman who is in the state of menstruation and puerperium cannot read the Quran.” It is permissible for women who are in the state of menstruation and puerperium to read various prayers like the qunut prayer glorify Allah and say salawat for the Prophet. Women who are in the state of menstruation and puerperium cannot read the Quran but they can listen to it.
It is also haram for women who are in the state of menstruation and puerperium to touch the Quran. Let alone the whole Quran, it is even haram to touch one verse or one word of a verse.
Questions on Islam
- Which Surahs and Durood's can be recited during menstruation period??
- States Peculiar to Women (Menstruation- Puerperium- Excuse)
- What things are haram for people who have to make ghusl?
- Blessed Night
- Is it permissible for menstruating women to read the Holy Qur’an and its translation; is it also necessary to cover the head while reading?
- Is it permissible for a woman who is in menstruation to fast?
- How can we answer those who say it is not written in the Quran that women who are in menstruation and puerperium cannot perform fasting and prayers?
- Does one need to have wudu or ghusl in order to read the Qur'an in English language?
- What are the situations that women can encounter during hajj (pilgrimage) and what are they supposed to do in those conditions?