Which Surahs and Durood's can be recited during menstruation period??
Submitted by on Sat, 22/02/2014 - 21:52
Dear Brother / Sister,
Since women are regarded to be junub in the periods of menstruation and puerperum, it is not regarded permissible for them to touch the Quran, to read the Quran by heart or by looking at it in Hanafi and Shafii sects. However, they can read basmala, and the verses that have the meaning of dhikr and supplication with the intention of dhikr and supplication without having the intention of reading the Quran. If it is necessary, they can teach it to others by reading it letter by letter or syllable by syllable.
Accordingly, women can read “ayat-ul kursi”, al-Fatiha and al-Ikhlas with the intention of supplication and dhikr in the periods of menstruation and puerperum.
In Maliki and Hanbali sects, it is regarded permissible for women to read the Quran by heart or by looking at it but without touching it in the periods of menstruation and puerperum.
Accordingly, women learning or memorizing the Quran in the periods of menstruation and puerperum can read the Quran and teach it to others by imitating Maliki and Hanbali sects. When there is an obligation, it is permissible for them to touch the Quran.
However, it is better not to read the Quran for the women who are not students with the intention of worshipping.
Questions on Islam
- Can girls recite Quran during their periods?
- Does one need to have wudu or ghusl in order to read the Qur'an in English language?
- Can women read the Quran while they are menstruating?
- Is it religiously permitted to read the Qur'an commentary books without (wudu) ablution? If permitted, is it permissible for women to read them when they are in menstruation period?
- Blessed Night
- Is it permissible for menstruating women to read the Holy Qur’an and its translation; is it also necessary to cover the head while reading?
- What are the types of worshipping that women can perform in their menstruation period?
- Can women touch the translations of the Qur'an when they are in menstruation period and when they do not have wudu (ablution)?
- For a woman who has made a miscarriage, is there a period of waiting to recover? How should be acted if it is not sure whether the organs of the child were formed?