how to feed the poor if i cant fast
The Details of the Questioni am sick and take medication through out the day and so if i cant fast i need to know how can i feed a poor person i dont know anyone or cant find anyone thats poor can i put money into a jar and send the money to someone thats poor in another country as my friend is from pakistan and knows people that are poor? if not what shell i do i am so worried about this please help me.
Submitted by on Sat, 23/08/2008 - 04:05
Dear Brother / Sister,
If one cannot fast, s/he must feed an indigent (if can afford) during the month Ramadan (if the reason that prevent him/her from fasting is permanent). If s/he cannot afford s/he doesn't have to do something else. This ransom can be given whether directly or indirectly to the person in need. Also it can be sent to any other countries. The condition for such ransom is that it must be used just for indigents or students. For example it can be given to an aid organizaiton on the condition that they must spend the money just for the pople in need or students.
Questions on Islam
- medication and fasting
- Can ransom (fidyah) for fasting be given to a charity organization?
- Could you give information about the qada (compensation) of missed fasts and paying ransom (fidyah) for those fasts?
- Is it a sin not to perform fasting in the month of Ramadan without any excuse? Will it be a sin if i skip Ramadan fasting without any excuse with the intention of fasting in winter? Will fasting performed in winter replace the fasting skipped in Ramadan?
- Does a woman who cannot fast in pregnancy perform fasting later or pay fidyah?
- When is it necessary to give fidyah (ransom) for fasting in Ramadan and to whom?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- What should a sick person do while fasting in Ramadan?
- What is Sadaqah al-Fitr (Fitrah)?
- Is it permissible for a person who does hard manual labor not to perform fasting? What are the excuses that makes it permissible for a person not to fast?
THE MOST ASKED QUESTIONS