Does the spirit get old like the body? Our body is born as a baby, grows up and gets old; does our spirit get old in the same way?
Submitted by on Thu, 07/12/2017 - 14:18
Dear Brother / Sister,
The real nature of the spirit cannot be known fully. The spirit does not have the quality of getting old like the body. However, human spirit improves with belief and worshipping. Unbelief and sins worsen human spirit; that is, they lower it. Thus, the spirit can both be improved and worsened.
This issue is explained in the chapter of at-Tin:
"We have indeed created man in the best of molds, Then do We abase him (to be) the lowest of the low,- Except such as believe and do righteous deeds: For they shall have a reward unfailing."
Questions on Islam
- The Garment Called Body
- What is spirit (rooh)? Can spirit's essence be comprehended? Is spirit merely brain? What is the relationship between spirit and body?
- The Most Profitable and Real Trade: Selling Self and Wealth To Allah, The Almighty
- How should a child be trained and religiously educated? How should we teach Allah to children?
- What is the real existance of a living thing(spl:Human) spirit or body?
- What are children's rights over their parents?
- Can you make some explanations about test-tube baby?
- Why does old age exist? Would it not be better if there was no old age?
- How does fasting purify the body?
- How does Fasting Clean the Body? The World of Medicine is Investigating Fasting