Does smelling some food or perfume invalidate fasting?
I need to use some medication containing ethanol to improve the wounds in my mouth; is it permissible to use it while fasting?
Submitted by on Wed, 16/05/2018 - 14:22
Dear Brother / Sister,
No. Smelling some food or perfume does not invalidate fasting.
If the medication one uses does not reach the stomach, it does not invalidate fasting only by spreading it in the mouth.
Questions on Islam
- Does having a tooth pulled invalidate fasting?
- Do treatment methods like sprays, eye-nose-ear drops, endoscopy, anesthesia, suppositories, enema, injections, serum, donating blood, dialysis, angio, biopsy, ointment, medicine and gynecological examination invalidate fasting?
- How does Fasting Clean the Body? The World of Medicine is Investigating Fasting
- Does eating and drinking forgetfully invalidate fasting?
- Is fasting invalidated if a person has his teeth filled while he is fasting?
- How should the person who realizes when he wakes up that he is junub (ritually impure) continue with the fasting? Does getting blood drawn invalidate the fast?
- Does using eye drops invalidate fasting?
- Does swallowing blood invalidate fasting? My gums are very sensitive. Blood leaks between my teeth; does swallowing it invalidate fasting?
- Is it permissible to use Miswak while fasting?
- How does fasting purify the body?