Does smelling some food or perfume invalidate fasting?
I need to use some medication containing ethanol to improve the wounds in my mouth; is it permissible to use it while fasting?
Submitted by on Wed, 16/05/2018 - 14:22
Dear Brother / Sister,
No. Smelling some food or perfume does not invalidate fasting.
If the medication one uses does not reach the stomach, it does not invalidate fasting only by spreading it in the mouth.
Questions on Islam
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- Does having a tooth pulled invalidate fasting?
- Is it permissible to wear contact lenses while fasting?
- Special File for Ramadan
- Is it permissible to make ghusl/have a bath while fasting? How should one sniff water into his nostrils and gargle?
- Do treatment methods like sprays, eye-nose-ear drops, endoscopy, anesthesia, suppositories, enema, injections, serum, donating blood, dialysis, angio, biopsy, ointment, medicine and gynecological examination invalidate fasting?
- How does Fasting Clean the Body? The World of Medicine is Investigating Fasting
- Does eating and drinking forgetfully invalidate fasting?
- Is fasting invalidated if a person takes a bath arbitrarily, not because of a necessity, when he is fasting? Is it makruh?
- What contributions can the month of Ramadan make to us so that we will be disciplined individuals? What kind of habits should Ramadan form in us?