Do lipstick and cream that women apply on their lips invalidate fasting?
I am a teacher. When I fast in Ramadan, my lips dry very much; it causes some trouble in the classroom. I sometimes have difficulty. Does applying lipstick or cream on the lips invalidate fasting? That is, applying something that will show them lively and that will hide their dryness.
Submitted by on Wed, 07/04/2021 - 15:48
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is definite that fasting is invalidated if the lipstick on the lips is swallowed. Lipstick, other paint and cream do not invalidate fasting if they are not swallowed.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to wear contact lenses while fasting?
- Is it permissible to wear lipstick while fasting?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- Does swallowing blood invalidate fasting? My gums are very sensitive. Blood leaks between my teeth; does swallowing it invalidate fasting?
- Is fasting invalidated if a person swallows the skin of his lips or his nails?
- Will you give information about the fasting, wudu and excuse of a person from whose gums blood and pus come?
- Special File for Ramadan
- Is it permissible to make ghusl/have a bath while fasting? How should one sniff water into his nostrils and gargle?
- Can a junub person (who has to make ghusl) perform fasting? How should one make ghusl when he is junub?
- Is fasting invalidated if a person takes a bath arbitrarily, not because of a necessity, when he is fasting? Is it makruh?