Is it permissible to wear lipstick while fasting?
Submitted by on Thu, 12/08/2010 - 16:39
Dear Brother / Sister,
If the lipstick comes out and is swallowed by you, it surely invalidates your fasting. On the other hand, if there were no swallowing, any substances, be it lipstick or cream, would not invalidates your fasting.
Questions on Islam
- Sexual intercourse in Ramadaan
- Does smoking cigarettes and hookah invalidate fasting?
- Does having a tooth pulled invalidate fasting?
- Do treatment methods like sprays, eye-nose-ear drops, endoscopy, anesthesia, suppositories, enema, injections, serum, donating blood, dialysis, angio, biopsy, ointment, medicine and gynecological examination invalidate fasting?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- Does eating and drinking forgetfully invalidate fasting?
- Is it permissible to use Miswak while fasting?
- Is it permissible to make ghusl/have a bath while fasting? How should one sniff water into his nostrils and gargle?
- Does smelling some food or perfume invalidate fasting?
- Is it permissible to wear contact lenses while fasting?