Do Aliens really exist?
Submitted by on Fri, 03/12/2010 - 20:47
Dear Brother / Sister,
There are creatures outside the world, too. However, those creatures are luminous creatures. In Shari'ah (Islamic law), they are called angels or spiritual beings.
The world or earth’s surface is mentioned as “al-Ard” in the Qur’an and it is also stated that and all prophets beginning with Hazrat Adam were sent to the earth. It is stated in the hadith Mir’aj (ascension) that there are ranks belong to prophets such as Abraham, Idris and Jesus Christ (Isa) at some parts of the heaven. In the verses of Surah al-Isra 44 and at-Talaq 12, it is also mentioned that the earth as well as heavens are seven layers. However, it is not clearly stated that whether those layers consist of seven layers of the earth, seven continents or seven climates.
However, even if there are planets that are suitable for living other than the world in which we live there are no verses or hadiths about the existence of creatures like human beings who are obliged and responsible.
It is known that there are eight or eleven planets according to the latest information acquired other than the world but there is not any religious or scientific document regarding the existence of such a living species.
On the other hand, there is a truth that should not be ignored; our world, which is an old planet, consists of living creatures that have spirit, intelligence and mind; similarly, there are spiritual creatures living in other planets, stars and heavenly bodies based on the living conditions, structures and locations of those places. Badiuzzaman Said Nursi explains the issue as follows:
The globe of the earth is the home of these infinite numbers of beings endowed with consciousness and spirit, despite its insignificance and density among the lofty heavenly bodies and planets, and even its grossest and most rotten particulars becoming masses of micro-organisms when they cease as sources of life, necessarily, demonstrably, decisively indicates, testifies to and proclaims that infinite space and the majestic heavens with their constellations and stars are full of animate beings, conscious beings, and beings with spirits. The Illustrious Shari‘a of Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him) and the Qur’an of Miraculous Exposition call these beings, who are created from fire, light, and even from electricity, and from other subtle flowing matter, “The angels, the jinn, and spirit beings.” (The Words - The Twenty - Ninth Word - First Aim)
Questions on Islam
- Are there any living creatures in other planets?
- Are there angels made of electricity?
- What is the realm of beings and what does it include?
- Are there any living beings in the universe other than humans?
- Can you give some information about UFOs (aliens)?
- What does seven firmaments (skies) mean in the following verse: “God is He Who created seven Firmaments and of the earth a similar number…? (at-Talaq 12)
- Seven skies is mentioned a lot in the Quran. What is meant by those skies? Accordingly, can you explain this verse: “And We have made, above you seven tracts; and We are never unmindful of (Our) Creation.” What are those seven tracts?
- THE MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT JINN
- First Fundamental Point: The importance of life in the realm of existence. The extensiveness of immaterial life in the realm of existence.
- What is in the heavens? What are the things between the heavens and the earth?