What is the realm of beings and what does it include?
Submitted by on Mon, 13/01/2014 - 10:09
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is a fact that the realm of beings does not consist of the beings that can be perceived through five senses only. Man sees material beings through his sense of sight. He feels the realm of tastes through his tongue, the realm of sounds through his ear and the realm of smells through his nose. In fact, there are so many phenomena like electricity, gravity, magnetic force of pushing and pulling that are neither seen nor heard. However, the existence of these facts is undoubted.
In this old planet of our world, there are so many living beings with spirit, mind and consciousness; similarly, in the other planets, stars and celestial bodies, there are spiritual beings peculiar to the structure and location of those places. Badiuzzaman Said Nursi clarifies the issue as follows:
“The globe of the earth being the home of these infinite numbers of beings endowed with consciousness and spirit, despite its insignificance and density among the lofty heavenly bodies and planets, and even its grossest and most rotten particulars becoming masses of microorganisms when they cease as sources of life, necessarily, demonstrably, decisively indicates to, testifies to and proclaims that infinite space and the majestic heavens with their constellations and stars are full of animate beings, conscious beings, and beings with spirits.
The Illustrious Shari’a of Muhammad (Upon whom be blessings and peace) and the Qur’an of Miraculous Exposition call these beings, who are created from fire, light, and even from electricity, and from other subtle flowing matter, 'The angels, the jinn, and spirit beings'".
(Sözler, Yirmi Dokuzuncu Söz, Birinci Maksat, Birinci Esas) (Words, Twenty-ninth Word, First Aim, First Fundamental Point)
Questions on Islam
- Are there angels made of electricity?
- Do Aliens really exist?
- First Fundamental Point: The importance of life in the realm of existence. The extensiveness of immaterial life in the realm of existence.
- Second Principle: The reality of the Ascension.
- Some questions that can come to the mind about the miracle of Miraj (Ascension): Why is the great Ascension peculiar to Hz. Muhammad (pbuh)? A plane can go up to one or two kilometers with a lot of difficulties.
- Question 51: How does a person’s hitting his head somewhere affect the spirit, which is a being independent of the body? This question made philosophers think a lot in the previous centuries.
- Isra and the Miracle of Miraj (Ascension)
- Question 3: Do cloned beings not have spirits?
- How should we regard the existence of unicellular hermaphrodite creatures though it is stated that all creatures were created in pairs?