Submitted by on Wed, 08/07/2009 - 21:51
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is permissible to keep cats in the house. Because cats are not harmful or naajis (impure). You can also pray if your clothes have cat hair on them.
For further information about pets, please click on the link below.
Questions on Islam
- Can we live and worship in a house having dog?
- Are pets ok?
- What is an "Oath" and If you vow to do something and you don't, then how do you compensate for it?
- Considering the command of the verse;`they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty.` Could you please give advices about protecting the eyes from harams?
- Is taking photos allowed and do they (photos) prevent someone from praying?
- What are the types of backbiting? Why and to what extent is backbiting bad?
- Gas N2O
- Can the children of a father use the haram (illegitimate) earnings of their father?
- Can you list the animals whose meats are Helal to eat?
- Will getting a "Tattoo" still be haram regardless of the material used?