Will getting a "Tattoo" still be haram regardless of the material used?
Submitted by on Thu, 06/08/2009 - 11:09
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is religiously not permissible to have one’s body tattooed regardless of the material used.
For more information about this subject, please click on the link given below.
Questions on Islam
- Are all sorts of tattooing haraam?
- Is it right to have ones body tattooed?
- Is it permissible to have a tattoo done? Is it necessary to remove the tattoo? Do tattoos harm ghusl, wudu and other worships?
- Do zarurahs (necessities) render harams halal? Is it possible in Islam to abandon fards for harams or to commit a haram deed for something fard? If yes, when?
- Considering the command of the verse;`they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty.` Could you please give advices about protecting the eyes from harams?
- Does using products that contain alcohol such as eau de cologne, cream and perfume invalidate wudu and harm prayers?
- When a person eats or drinks alcohol or something unlawful, does s/he really lose his/her religion (belief) for 40 days?
- What are alcoholic drinks? How does Islam view the drinks that intoxicate?
- Is taking photos allowed and do they (photos) prevent someone from praying?
- What is the Islamic opinion of practices about the utilization of bio-energy in humans, such as reiki, yoga and meditation?