Is it right to have ones body tattooed?
Submitted by on Wed, 24/06/2009 - 14:10
Dear Brother / Sister,
People have been having different parts of their bodies tattooed for a very long time. Today, this custom is maintained in some places. While some young people in Europe and the US do it as an 'ornament', some irresponsible young people in our country imitate them, too. The Arabs of Jahiliyya/Ignorance (the time before Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him) would have themselves tattooed to ornament themselves; at the same time, they believed that their joints became stronger with the various shapes and pictures that they had tattooed on their bodies. Today, however, this does not go beyond the desire to imitate.
Questions on Islam
- Why did Allah create the universe?
- Is it permissible to have a tattoo done? Is it necessary to remove the tattoo? Do tattoos harm ghusl, wudu and other worships?
- Are all sorts of tattooing haraam?
- Is it permissible for women to paint their nails by polishing them?
- Ways of Cleaning Dirt
- I make wudu, wear makeup and perform prayers after that. Is it permissible? Is it permissible to perform prayers after wearing perfume?
- Is it permissible for a women to make up in the religion of Islam?
- Can a woman take ablution (wudu) and perform prayer (salat) with make-up?
- TAHARA (Cleanliness or Purification)