Can we say that Allah knew that unbelievers will live in unbelief and that hence He created them in non-Muslim countries?
Submitted by on Mon, 16/10/2017 - 15:24
Dear Brother / Sister,
We cannot deduce that Allah created unbelievers from unbelieving parents orin non-Muslim countries since He knew with His pre-eternal knowledge that they would be unbelievers. As a matter of fact, if they have not heard about Islam or if they have heard about it in a wrong way, they will not be held responsible.
Allah calls everybody to account according to the conditions and the environment they live in.The responsibility of a person who was born in a Muslim country will not be the same as the responsibility of a person who was born in a non-Muslim country.
This fact should not be ignored while analyzing the issues related to qadar (predestination) and justice. Everybody has different life conditions, different problems as an individual, in their families and with their relatives, different financial problems, and finally a different world peculiar to them based on the social structure of the country they live in.
The results of this divine division and sharing, whose wisdom we cannot know truly but which we do not doubt to be fair, will be shown on the Day of Judgment; as it is stated in the chapter of az-Zilzal,man will be called to account for an atom´s weight of good, and an atom´s weight of evil there.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to backbite non-muslims?
- Is it permissible to talk behind an unbeliever’s back (to backbite him)?
- Is it a sin to go to non-Muslim countries?
- The Muslims working in countries like Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands deposit their money in banks in order to keep them. Is it permissible to receive the interest given by the banks?
- Are violation of personal rights in question between Muslims and non-Muslims living in Europe / foreign countries?
- Is it permissible to spy on behalf of a Muslim state in a non-Muslim country?
- Muslims working abroad deposit their money in the banks there. When they withdraw this money, they are given some amount of interest. Some do not receive this money considering it illicit whereas some receive the money saying that to receive interest from
- It is emphasized in some verses that what unbelievers do are of no use. However, the following is stated in verse 7 of the chapter of az-Zilzal: "Then shall anyone who has done an atom´s weight of good, see it…". How will you explain it?
- Is it permissible to gamble in non-Muslim countries (in dar al-harb)?
- Is it haram to talk behind a non-muslim's back (to backbite)?