Is it permissible to spy on behalf of a Muslim state in a non-Muslim country?
Submitted by on Wed, 12/01/2022 - 09:17
Dear Brother / Sister,
If a non-Muslim country is hostile to an Islamic country, or if it oppresses and exploits the weak by using its power and means, and if it gains unfair advantage, the Islamic country needs Muslim or non-Muslim spies in order to obtain the information it needs to defend itself and to prevent oppression; that need is an imperative.
Information is necessary in order to know in time some of the secret actions and preparations that are against an Islamic country in non-Muslim countries that have made peace with the Islamic country and not to fall behind them in terms of precautions and preparations.
On the one hand those needs and on the other hand the command "to be stronger than the enemy" make it necessary to use spies.
Necessities invalidate some prohibitions. Lying, pretending to be different and deceiving are among them because there can be no espionage without them.
Questions on Islam
- Is it a sin to go to non-Muslim countries?
- Is it necessary to force non-Muslims to pay money?
- Muslims working abroad deposit their money in the banks there. When they withdraw this money, they are given some amount of interest. Some do not receive this money considering it illicit whereas some receive the money saying that to receive interest from
- Is it haram to receive and give interest in dar al-harb? Is interest permissible in non-Muslim countries?
- The Muslims working in countries like Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands deposit their money in banks in order to keep them. Is it permissible to receive the interest given by the banks?
- Is it permissible to work in a place where alcoholic drinks are served and sold?
- Is it permissible to gamble in non-Muslim countries (in dar al-harb)?
- Is it permissible to express good wishes for the religious feast days of our non-Muslim relatives?
- Are violation of personal rights in question between Muslims and non-Muslims living in Europe / foreign countries?
- Is it fard to perform the Friday prayer in non-Muslim countries (dar al-harb)?