Can Satan repent?
Since Satans are from the kind of Jinn, can they become Muslims as well?
Submitted by on Thu, 24/11/2016 - 10:26
Dear Brother / Sister,
Satan is a kind of jinn but it has a different state. Satan's repenting is something that is contrary to his being a Satan. For, his essence went bad. He lost the property of repenting through his own will and he himself asked from Allah the duty of deviating human beings.
“Satan lost the test eternally because of five reasons:
1. For not accepting his sin,
2. For not regretting,
3. For not condemning his nafs (self) which led him to rebellion,
4. For not repenting,
5. For giving up hope from the Divine Mercy.” (Ibn Hajar, Munabbihat, 73.)
Hence, a believer should always admit his sins, regret his mistakes; criticize his nafs (evil commanding soul) and condemn it; often repent and should not give up hope from Divine Mercy.
Questions on Islam
- How does Satan pervert people though he knows that his torture will increase?
- Why Satan has lost?
- Although Satan had no any doubt about the existence of Allah (SWT), he rebelled Allah and did not obey His order of prostrating to Hz. Adam; then, how can people be accused of not believing in Allah without seeing Him?
- What are the verses about Angels, Jinn, and Devils?
- What are the traps (tricks) of Satan?
- Why do jinn and satan not believe though they know that they will be punished?
- Will you give information about the creation of satans and jinn and their nature?
- According to a hadith narration, Satan states that it is enough to read ayah al-kursi in order to be protected from the evil of Satan from the night until the morning. Can what Satan said be true?
- Can jinn know what we have in our mind and what we are thinking about?
- What is the purpose or benefit of Satan in wanting to deviate man until the day of judgement?