Can Satan repent?
Since Satans are from the kind of Jinn, can they become Muslims as well?
Submitted by on Thu, 24/11/2016 - 10:26
Dear Brother / Sister,
Satan is a kind of jinn but it has a different state. Satan's repenting is something that is contrary to his being a Satan. For, his essence went bad. He lost the property of repenting through his own will and he himself asked from Allah the duty of deviating human beings.
“Satan lost the test eternally because of five reasons:
1. For not accepting his sin,
2. For not regretting,
3. For not condemning his nafs (self) which led him to rebellion,
4. For not repenting,
5. For giving up hope from the Divine Mercy.” (Ibn Hajar, Munabbihat, 73.)
Hence, a believer should always admit his sins, regret his mistakes; criticize his nafs (evil commanding soul) and condemn it; often repent and should not give up hope from Divine Mercy.
Questions on Islam
- Did Allah wish Satan’s denial and not prostrating before Hz. Adam?
- Is the prayer (dua) of a person who eats haram not accepted? Is it accepted if he repents?
- Is Fortune-telling Permissible? How Much True is What Fortune-Tellers, Mediums and Similar People Say? What are the Drawbacks of Fortune-telling in Terms of Our Religion?
- Will spirits faint in the Gathering Place?
- Why is Satan called Harith?
- Heaven and Hell
- What are the prayers to be recited in order to have a baby?
- If the Satan had not been created, would we all have been in Paradise?
- What prayer should we recite in order to have a good child?
- Is a person who committed a lot of sins and fornication and then repented, asked for forgiveness and found the right path forgiven?