How does Satan pervert people though he knows that his torture will increase?
Submitted by on Fri, 04/08/2017 - 15:58
Dear Brother / Sister,
“Satan lost the test eternally because of five reasons:
1. For not accepting his sin,
2. For not regretting,
3. For not condemning his nafs (self) which led him to rebellion,
4. For not repenting,
5. For giving up hope of Divine Mercy.” (Ibn Hajar, Munabbihat, 73.)
Some people know Allah's torture but they commit sins and continue committing sins throughout their lives. From this viewpoint, knowing that something is bad and harmful does not mean that it will definitely be abandoned.
However, some people, especially believers, understand their mistakes and repent. Nevertheless, Satan did not do so due to his conceitedness. Hence, a believer should always admit his sins, regret his mistakes; criticize his nafs (evil commanding soul) and condemn it; often repent and should not give up hope of Divine Mercy.
Questions on Islam
- Can Satan repent?
- Why Satan has lost?
- Although Satan had no any doubt about the existence of Allah (SWT), he rebelled Allah and did not obey His order of prostrating to Hz. Adam; then, how can people be accused of not believing in Allah without seeing Him?
- Is it not a contradiction that Allah created the sins and human beings so that they would repent and that He blamed those who committed sins and threatened them with Hell?
- Will everybody know in the hereafter the sins that only Allah knows and that are committed secretly?
- When our books of deeds are given to us on the Day of Judgment and when our sins are revealed, will everybody see them or will only we see them?
- Allah forgives all sins, but what about the rights of the people? Even if Allah forgives the sinner, will the wronged ones not ask for their rights?
- My Petition: Shiver and Regret in My Consciousness is Repentance
- Will you give information about educating/training the soul? How can we get rid of the attitudes and habits that we do not want like hatred, enmity, envy, jealousy, inferiority complex and despair?
- Is a person who committed a lot of sins and fornication and then repented, asked for forgiveness and found the right path forgiven?