Submitted by on Thu, 04/12/2008 - 19:03
Dear Brother / Sister,
Quran is the remarks of Allah Almighty. Because of the command explained in the 79th verse of the Surah of the Inevitable Event (Al-Waqia) “Which none shall touch but those who are clean”, it is not right to touch the Quran without wudhu (ritual ablution). Even if there is someone who comments that verse different, Islam scholars’ consensus is “it is not right to touch Quran without wudhu.”
However, it is acceptable to recite and read Quran without touching it without wudhu. Like as one who is canonical unclean can not touch Quran, also can not recite and read, too. But if the canonical unclean recite Ayatelkursi, Fatiha and Ihlas with the intention of pray, there is no drawback for it. (Hamdi Yazir, Interpretation, Al-Waqia, 79th verse’s explanation, Celal Yildirim, The Islamic Fiqh, IV. 157.)
The translation of the Quran can be read without wudhu. However, if the original Quran and its translation to any language are together in the same book, -because the books that including the original Quran with its translation are accepted as Quran- it is not acceptable to touch it without wudhu.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to recite the holy Qur'an without taking ghusl (Major Ablution)?
- Can I read Quran without wudhu and lying down on bed?
- Can women touch the translations of the Qur'an when they are in menstruation period and when they do not have wudu (ablution)?
- reading Quran during periods
- What are the manners, methods and sunnahs of reciting the Quran?
- Is it permissible for menstruating women to read the Holy Qur’an and its translation; is it also necessary to cover the head while reading?
- Blessed Night
- Is it permissible to hold and read the translation of the Quran without wudu? How should respect to the Quran be?