reading Quran during periods
Submitted by on Fri, 03/09/2010 - 21:51
Dear Brother / Sister,
Woman at the state of menses and childbed cannot touch or read the Quran but she can listen to the Qur’an. In addition, she could recite Surahs such as Fatiha (The Opening Chapter), Nas (Humankind), and Falaq (The Daybreak) with the intention of supplication.
Questions on Islam
- In the Paradise houris (houri: A nymph in the form of a beautiful virgin supposed to dwell in Paradise for the enjoyment of the faithful) will be given to men. What about the marital status of women in the Hereafter?
- Is it permissible to trim nails at night?
- How should we spend holy nights? What should we do in order to gain Allah's (SWT) content?
- Is it halal for a woman to accept the right of nafaqa (alimony) given to her by official law? Does that nafaqa given substitute for mahr? Does man have to look after his own children and his step children?
- about wearing burkha
- Can you give some information about listening to Surah Al-Kahf on Friday?
- Which Surahs and Durood's can be recited during menstruation period??
- Can women touch the translations of the Qur'an when they are in menstruation period and when they do not have wudu (ablution)?
- reading Quran on the internet during mensturation