about wearing burkha
Submitted by on Tue, 31/08/2010 - 21:49
Dear Brother / Sister,
In Islam, private parts need to be covered. The garment to be worn should not be too tight and too thin to display the body and the color of the skin. For this reason, you do not need to wear a burka. You should not insist on it if it causes problems in the family. You do not do wrong to burka without wearing it.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to trim nails at night?
- In the Paradise houris (houri: A nymph in the form of a beautiful virgin supposed to dwell in Paradise for the enjoyment of the faithful) will be given to men. What about the marital status of women in the Hereafter?
- reading Quran during periods
- Is it halal for a woman to accept the right of nafaqa (alimony) given to her by official law? Does that nafaqa given substitute for mahr? Does man have to look after his own children and his step children?
- How should we spend holy nights? What should we do in order to gain Allah's (SWT) content?
- Can a woman wear a headscarf even if her husband dislikes?
- If a woman wants to wear niqab (face veil) but her husband dislikes it, what should they do?
- How can I cover my head (and body as prescribed by Islamic Law)? (An interview with ÜMİT MERIÇ)
- Special File Regarding Covering (Tasattur) and Headscarf
- Is it fard (obligatory) for women to cover their heads?