about wearing burkha
Submitted by on Tue, 31/08/2010 - 21:49
Dear Brother / Sister,
In Islam, private parts need to be covered. The garment to be worn should not be too tight and too thin to display the body and the color of the skin. For this reason, you do not need to wear a burka. You should not insist on it if it causes problems in the family. You do not do wrong to burka without wearing it.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to trim nails at night?
- In the Paradise houris (houri: A nymph in the form of a beautiful virgin supposed to dwell in Paradise for the enjoyment of the faithful) will be given to men. What about the marital status of women in the Hereafter?
- Is it halal for a woman to accept the right of nafaqa (alimony) given to her by official law? Does that nafaqa given substitute for mahr? Does man have to look after his own children and his step children?
- reading Quran during periods
- How should we spend holy nights? What should we do in order to gain Allah's (SWT) content?
- If a woman wants to wear niqab (face veil) but her husband dislikes it, what should they do?
- Can a woman wear a headscarf even if her husband dislikes?
- How should a woman’s outside covering be? How should a woman dress according to the code of tasattur in Hanafi madhab?
- Is it fard (obligatory) for women to cover their heads?
- How should a woman’s outside covering be? To what extent can hands and feet be uncovered? How should the head be covered?