Why did Allah create the universe?
Allah the Almighty, Who is the Maker of the universe and of all beings in it, created the universe for very significant purposes. Quran informs this as follows:
"Not for (idle) sport did we create the heavens and the earth and all that is between." (Anbiyya Surah, 21:16)
"Not without purpose did we create heaven and earth and all between" (Sa Surah, 38:27)
All beings glorify and magnify the Exalted Creator with their languages. They fulfill the tasks with a pleasure and enthusiasm, which are assigned to them. For example, the sun, without falling behind even a second, moves around the orbit, which has been drawn for it. Rivers enthusiastically flow into seas. Animals, which have been given under the command of man, serve him with an absolute obedience.
Besides, if the universe had not been created, the never-ending perfection and beauty of the names and attributes of Allah Almighty would have never been known. This would have only been known by Allah (SWT). By manifesting the spiritual beauties of His names and attributes, Allah Almighty, besides beholding His own Beauty and Perfection on His own works, also wished to give a share to angels, man, and jinn from this honor and bestowal.
Regarding the question of whether to create the beings or not to, Allah (SWT) made His Divine preference for creation, and this preference has become an interminable mercy for all creatures. Or else it is unthinkable that Allahs, one of Whose names is Samed (everything is in need of Him but He is in need of nothing), creation of this universe stems from a necessity.
- Is there anyone who ever travel back and forth between this world and the Hereafter?
- Is Fortune-telling Permissible? How Much True is What Fortune-Tellers, Mediums and Similar People Say? What are the Drawbacks of Fortune-telling in Terms of Our Religion?
- What are the causes that lead man to deception?
- Is it impossible for man to have been created through evolution? Is it contrary to Islam? How is the creation of man narrated in the Quran?
- If the Satan had not been created, would we all have been in Paradise?
- Will the dwellers of Paradise see Allah (Ru'yah)? What is the view of Islamic scholars about Ru'yah?
- Why cannot we see Allah in this world?
- What are the attributes of Allah?
- Our Purpose of Creation
- Why did Allah consider the four religions necessary? Would it not be all right if Islam were sent only?