What is the wisdom behind the gradual beautification of Paradise? Since everyone will be rewarded fully for their prayers, why do the benefactions of Paradise rewards increasingly continue?
Submitted by on Fri, 17/12/2010 - 12:05
Dear Brother / Sister,
Hz. Abu Hurairah narrates. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) says:
“I swear by Allah (SWT), who sends down the Qur’an to Muhammad (PBUH), -As it is a known fact that just like people who increasingly become ugly in time in the world life –the folk of Paradise will also increasingly become beautiful.” (Ibn Abid-dunya, Sifatul-Jannah-Shamila-1/14).
Moreover, there are signs from the verses of Qur’an that the benefactions of Paradise that will be given to the folk of Paradise will become increasingly beautiful every time.
The verse, “But give glad tidings to those who believe and work righteousness, that their portion is Gardens, beneath which rivers flow. Every time they are fed with fruits therefrom they say: "Why this is what we were fed with before" for they are given things in similitude; and they have therein companions pure (and holy); and they abide therein (forever).” (Al-Baqara, 2/25) indicates the truth as mentioned above.
The different tastes and pleasures of benefactions in an eternal land will increase the pleasures of the folk of Paradise. The presentation of benefactions in a different and fresh way in Paradise that was prepared by Allah (SWT) for His servants is the reflection of the divine mercy.
The occasional presentation of Paradise as an achievement for people’s efforts in the Qur’an is a compliment for honoring man. Otherwise, even all of the worshipping man performs cannot be enough thankfulness for the benefactions that were given to man by Allah beforehand. That is why, it is not true to consider the worshipping as the price of benefactions that will be given in the hereafter. Our Prophet (PBUH) points out this truth as follows:
The Prophet (pbuh) said: "No one of you will enter Paradise by his deeds alone." They asked, "Not even you, O Messenger of Allah?" He said, "Not even me, unless Allah covers me with His Grace and Mercy" (Bukhari, Riqaq, 18; Muslim, Munafiq, 71-73).
This hadith shows that the increase in pleasures of Paradise is not because man deserves but because of a manifestation of divine mercy for His servants.
Questions on Islam
- Is there a hadith like this?; “No one will enter Paradise based solely on his deeds”.
- How will conversations be in Paradise, will you please explain it by giving references from sources?
- What happens if the religion of Islam turns out to be a false religion after death and Christians or atheists become the rightful side? In that case, why should I work for Islam? Maybe, the other possibilities are true?
- Is it necessary to suffer in order to enter Paradise? Are there not any ways to enter Paradise without suffering?
- Why do we thank? Why do we need to be grateful to Allah (SWT)?
- Although Allah loves His servants, Why does He punish them with Hell?
- Why is there no sense of jealousy in Paradise?
- Life in the Grave is True
- Will the Quran be read in Paradise? What will Paradise be like?
- Does Sexual Life exist in Paradise?