What Happens if Wudu is Made Without Making Istinja?
Istibra is made after urinating in order to stop the leakage of urine that harms the soundness of wudu. The wudu of a person who makes wudu after urinating without making istibra can be invalidated without being aware of it; and the prayer performed with that wudu becomes invalidated. Therefore, it is necessary to be very careful about istibra.
In a hadith, the following is stated:
“Avoid the urine because most of the grave torture is due to urine.” (Bukhari, "Wudu", 55; Ibn Majah, "Taharah", 26); Muslims are asked to be very careful about cleaning (istibra) after urinating.
Istibra is not necessary for women. It is necessary to wait for a while after urinating before wudu for them.
Istinja and istibra are useful in terms of health, too.
- How is istibra made? Is prayer harmed if urine drops on the clothes?
- Cleaning after Urinating or having a Bowel Movement (Istinja and Istibra)
- What is istibra? Who should do it?
- related to Pakizgi
- What can be Used for Cleaning After Having a Bowel Movement or Urinating?
- What is Taharah (Cleanliness)?
- What are the Necessary Conditions for Wudu to Become Valid?
- What is the advice of the Prophet to those who have delusions regarding urine?
- The Positive Effects of Cleaning After Toilet on Human Health
- Wiping (Masah)