In the hereafter what is the condition of the children of disbelievers who die before the age of puberty?
In Risale-i Nur Collection, Bediuzzaman writes:
If those who died or perished as a result of a divine calamity, which is brought about by mans own evil deeds, are 15 years old or below, they are martyrs no matter what religion they have adopted. Their huge reward makes their sufferings nothing.
These words take us to the Era of Bliss. While the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was explaining the verse, That no bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another. (An-Najm Surah, 53:38) to his companions, he was asked of the condition of the Christians children. As a response, he replied, They will be with their fathers, but only Allah knows how they will be treated. In another report, he told that children of Christians would go to paradise.
In two reports, there is no implication that they will go to hell. Going to hell is one thing; suffering from tortures is quite another thing. Just as Allah Almighty employs some of His angels in paradise and hell, He may place some children in paradise or in hell. But in accordance with His mercy, He will keep them away from hellfire and they will offer thanks to Him for His bounties. On the other hand, they may live a life similar to that of earth somewhere between hell and paradise.
It is strange to wonder if the children of non-Muslims will go to paradise or envy them. What a Muslim needs to do is to seek ways to save them instead waste time on pointless arguments that would have no effect on the result.
- Will animals go to the arena of the Gathering Place (Mahshar), too? What will their shares from the life in the hereafter be?
- 1).Can one ask prophet(pbuh) & saints for help bearing in mind that the Actual Helper is Allah?2).Could one ask a Prophet or a deceased saint to pray to allah on his behalf.3).Who is on correct way Deobandis or Barelvis in Indian sub-continent?
- What does ba’th (resurrection)? How will resurrection after death be?
- After the Doomsday, shall we not die once more after having been resuscitated? Shall we be going through other tests as well?
- How are we supposed to treat a baby who died just after birth? Can that baby make shafaa (intercession) for his/her parents in the hereafter?
- How long will the time period between two resurrections be?
- How is mahshar, that is the gathering area?
- Will our bad deeds will be exposed in the judgement day in front of all our relatives, human beings or will it be private, between us and Almighty Allah?
- Is there a narration about Quds being the gathering place (mahshar)?
- At what age should children be taught the concept/idea "Hell"?