First Station : Answers to some objections and delusions about the Qur'an.
In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate.
And when We told the angels: Prostrate before Adam, they prostrated, except Iblis. (Qur’an, 2:34.) * Allah commands that you sacrifice a cow. (Qur’an, 2:67.) * And yet after all this your hearts hardened and became like rocks or even harder. (Qur’an, 2:74.)
One day while reading these verses, three points were imparted to me from the effulgence of the Qur’an against the promptings of Satan. His suggestions took this form:
He said: “You say the Qur’an is a miracle, and of infinite eloquence, and that it is guidance for everyone at all times. So what is the meaning in its persistently repeating in historical form certain minor events like the following: how is it appropriate to mention an insignificant event like the slaughtering of a cow as though it were something significant, and even naming that important Sura, The Cow? Also the event of ‘prostrating before Adam;’ it occurred in the realm of the Unseen and cannot be understood rationally. It may be submitted to and accepted with certainty only after a strong belief has been attained. Whereas the Qur’an instructs those who use their reasons; in many places it says: So will you not think?, and refers what it says to the reason. Also, how is it guidance to show certain natural conditions of rocks to be important which are the results of chance?”
The Points with which I was inspired took this form:
Please click on the following links to continue reading;
- The Twentieth Word: Some questions and answers on the Qur'an and some examples from the miracles of the Qur'an.
- First Point: How does the Qur'an point to the major and universal laws in the events which seem minor and unimportant?
- Third Point: The lessons given by the verse concerning stones.
- Second Point: The lessons in the story of the sacrificing the cow by the children of Israel.
- Fourth Glow: The conciseness of the Qur'an that express general laws in simple events.
- First Addendum: The miraculous aspects of the Qur’an and the proofs that it is the Word of Allah.
- Two Important Answers to Two Important Questions: Why does the Qur'an not describe the news of the technological developments explicitly? Why does the Qur’an not mention them explicitly so that unbelievers will be compelled to confirm it?
- Third Point: The uniqueness and wondrousness of the Qur'an's style.
- The Eighteenth Word: First Point: The share of the human soul in achievements; conceit and thanking
- Second Station: Indications from the verses about miracles of prophets for the technological developments and future.